Putting together a marketing plan
is a challenge most small business leaders wrestle with. But the key to
creating a winning marketing plan is to start by asking great questions.
Why? Because the quality of the answers you get is directly related to
the quality of the questions you ask.
So to help you figure out the universe of questions, out of which you’ll select the actual questions you want to ask and answer as you create your marketing plan this year, I’ve compiled a list of 196 different marketing plan questions.
A sampling of some of the questions you’ll encounter in this list looks like the following.
8. Why should anyone choose to do business with us over everyone else in our market space?
16. How can we dominate our market?
17. What makes us stand out from the crowd?
19. To what question are we the answer?
20. What would cause someone to say, “Get me ________!” Or, “We need ___________!”
21. What’s our core message? What’s our unique POV (point of view)?
22. What makes us controversial?
23. Is there too much competition to be competitive in this market space?
46. Why do we think that our offerings are the best offerings for our potential customers to solve their need/want/problem/challenge?
47. What’s missing from our competitor’s offers? Or what can’t they find in other places or with other businesses?
48. What value do we provide for our potential customers? What results do we produce?
49. Where is our market under-served?
66. What products will help us create a herd/following?
67. How can we create deluxe options?
68. What is our irresistible offer?
69. Why should our customers act now? What’s our call to action?
70. What kind of guarantee will we offer?
132. What is our lead generating system?
133. How can we better leverage our networks?
134. What ten (or more) tactics can we use simultaneously to attract new customers?
135. How can we build our potential customers’ interest in our product/service or business?
170. How does someone in our target market decide from whom they’ll buy?
171. Why do they buy?
172. How can we make it easier to buy?
173. How can we better qualify prospects?
174. How elastic is price for our potential customers?
181. What could create a short-term sales surge?
182. What conversion rate are we shooting for?
183. How can we maximize total customer value?
To get the whole list (which is free :-), just go to the following page on my free articles page.